Despite the advantages of moving into a multi-home community, it is natural for residents to have concerns about security. With a steady flow of residents, visitors, workers, or mail and delivery services in close proximity to your home and belongings, it is important to be sure you and your belongings are safe.
In condominiums and apartment buildings, there are various ways to ensure a true sense of security. As listed on the Peace of Mind Technologies (POM) website, these might include:
- Establishing a cooperative culture of security: All residents should establish clear expectations regarding security measures and take responsibility for the health and safety of the entire residential community. Cooperation is key.
- Landscaping: Carefully manicured landscapes and green space help signal to visitors that the property is cared for and monitored.
- Access control: POM suggests that key cards, rather than keys, are a great security measure as they can digitally log entry and exit into a given building.
- Remote monitoring and remote access for deliveries: Security personnel can manage the flow of vendors or package deliveries and grant them access to a designated room for deliveries. Separating delivery traffic from residential traffic improves overall security.
- Motion detectors: Similar to security measures like cameras and lights, motion detectors can be monitored remotely and sense intruders.
Our ongoing luxury condominium project – The Residences at 66 High Street – has adopted similar methods for enhancing security.
For one, current and future residents at High Street make up an unbelievably caring and trustworthy community. The landscaping is also constantly maintained. As far as the building is concerned, there are cameras throughout the buildings to monitor all points of entry. In order to enter the building, residents are given a unit-specific code to enter on a keypad. Additionally, each residence comes equipped with cameras in the foyer and security systems.
The opportunity to live at The Residence at 66 High Street and be within walking distance of historic downtown Guilford and the train station is one to be enjoyed. As it is our job to ensure this enjoyment, we want to do all we can to give residents peace of mind and make them feel safe in and away from home.