The arrangements for parking at The Residences at 66 High Street are in large part site-specific. In the three new luxury condominium developments, resident parking is under the buildings. The quasi-underground parking structure mainly stemmed from efforts to raise the building’s living and mechanical spaces out of the 100-year flood zone.
Placing parking below the structure or underground can offer a number of other advantages. These include:
- More available land. With parking under buildings, residents have more green space to enjoy.
- Reduces crime. With easier access control, underground parking reduces crime when compared to large, open parking lots, as a result of easier access control.
- Unobstructed views. When looking out luxury condominium windows, the last thing residents want to see is a parking lot. With cars out of sight, people can enjoy the beauty of the shoreline.
- Pollution control. Underground parking improves both liquid and solid waste pollution control.
- Convenience. Underground parking keeps cars as close to the building as possible while protecting the cars from elements of weather.
- Reduces artificial cover. Underground parking also reduces artificial impervious cover such as asphalt, concrete, or brick, which is an environmental concern.
The Residences at 66 High Street, combining the freeboard, or an elevated first floor, with parking, is both convenient and beneficial.