We all have a list of home maintenance projects we would love to take on “when we have more time.” Now that many of us are spending more time at home, we can begin to tackle those projects. Some of you may have already started your spring cleaning and organizing, while others may be overwhelmed with the thought of doing all the tasks you usually put off.
Either way, you can use this checklist to help you get started. No need to do everything at once – pick one or two small projects to get started, and determine where you want to go from there.
Spring is synonymous with cleaning and airing out. After you complete your basic cleaning routine, dive into these projects to make your home feel brand new.
- Clean vents and baseboards.
- Wipe down blinds
- Wash windows, window tracks, and screens.
- Wash curtains.
- Scrub tile grout.
- Wipe down light fixtures and fans.
- Sanitize garbage cans.
- Clean under your furniture.
- Clean cabinets and drawers (inside and out).
- Clean the inside of your dishwasher and oven.
- Descale faucets and shower heads.
- Wipe down doors and walls.
- Wipe down the inside of your refrigerator and freezer.
If you tend to hold on to everything you’ve ever gotten, now is an excellent time to sort through your belongings and get rid of what you do not need or want. Here is where you can start:
- Drawers and cabinets
All of the cleaning and organizing may get you in the mood for a whole new look. That doesn’t mean you have to go out and spend money on new furniture and decor. Try rearranging what you have to change things up.
- Furniture layout (in any room!)
- Books on bookshelves
- Kitchen cabinets
- Wall art
Landscape and Property
You can also give some attention to your property and outside living space. Here are some outside projects to work on:
- Clean up the lawn from leaves and winter debris.
- Sweep or power wash patio and deck.
- Prune shrubs.
- Clean patio furniture.
- Wash siding of the house.
- Prep for planting.
Are you doing any home maintenance projects right now? Let us know what they are in the comments!